What we can help with:
- Anxiety and panic attacks.
- Feeling depressed or low mood.
- Relationships problems.
- Loss and bereavement.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
- Self-esteem and confidence issues.
- Identity issues.
What we do:
- Give you an opportunity to talk over, clarify and express your problems, thoughts and feelings.
- Be non-judgemental.
- Don’t give advice.
- Help you gain a better understanding of what’s going on for you.
- Clarify possible choices and ways of dealing with your problems.
How to access our services – either call or email one of our centres:
- Renew Counselling at Sycamore Centre in Chelmsford on: 01245 359353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renew Counselling at Bridge Centre in Basildon on: 01268 822800 or email@example.com
You will be offered an initial appointment (known as an assessment) as quickly as we can to explore whether counselling with us is right for you or not. If not, we’ll do our best to direct you to another service.
How much does it cost?
Renew is a charity that offers low cost and sometimes funded professional counselling to the community and surrounding areas.
The actual cost of a counselling session is around £45-£50 but, in many cases, we can subsidise this. Our ethos is to provide as much affordable counselling as we can so, when you come in for assessment or call to discuss your child’s counselling, you will be asked how much you are able to contribute towards the cost. Our fees start at £15 per session and, for people who are unemployed and living on benefits, we can sometimes offer a bursary of £5 per session. The bursaries are limited, are only offered if available and are for up to 24 sessions.
We do actively see support and funding for the counselling we offer. So, on occasion we will have fully funded sessions available to clients fulfilling criteria set out by our funders. When you contact us, we will take you through whatever options are available.
Currently we are proud to work in partnership with:
Mid Essex CCG – Re-ed, our eating disorders service in Chelmsford.
Basildon and Brentwood CCG – our young people’s service in Basildon.
Essex County Council Fifxtra – supporting families and individuals – online.
ReSet – supporting a range of individuals, details on enquiry.
Shaw Trust – supporting a range of individuals across Essex, details available on enquiry.
Diocese Scheme – Supporting clergy and those who work in the Church of England.
Castlepoint and Rochford CC – counselling for staff at our Basildon centre.
Our Bursary is supported by Anglia Water Trust.