Counselling for Couples
What is couple’s counselling?
An opportunity for couples to focus together on issues in their relationship.
Who can benefit?
Any couple in a committed relationship. Sometimes one partner attends alone to begin with and later the other one may join in.
Why do couples come?
To try to resolve issues of:
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Closeness and distance.
- Sexual concerns.
What can you expect?
- Regular weekly sessions.
- The attention and skill of a trained counsellor who will hear each of you without taking sides.
- Help to increase understanding of and respect for each other.
- Emphasis on working towards resolving difficulties.
- An opportunity to recognise and build on existent strengths.
What we expect from you:
- A commitment to the counselling process.
- Acceptance of individual responsibility.
- Willingness to reflect on issues between sessions.
When clients are committed to the therapeutic process, it can help you to make decisions and choices which, in turn, enable your relationship to develop and flourish.
How much does it cost?
Fees are on a sliding scale and will be calculated on household income. There are a limited number of bursary places available for those on benefits.
Renew’s therapeutic services are accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and we adhere to their ethical framework for the Counselling Professions 2018. Renew Counselling is a registered charity No 1084940 and a Company limited by guarantee, registered in England. Registered office: Sadlers House, 2 Legg Street, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1AH Company No. 4099810 TM The name, logotype and four squares graphic device are registered Trademarks (Reg No: 3015144) of Renew Counselling