Renew Counselling Supervision Diploma
Course entry requirements
- Diploma level counselling/psychotherapy qualification, or equivalent
- Supervised counselling/psychotherapy practice for a minimum one year post qualification (supervision must meet BACP requirements of 1.5 hours per month)
- Have 3 years post qualification practice (minimum 150 hours per year)
- Hold membership of a recognised professional body (BACP, UKCP, COSRT, NCS, BABCP HCPC and BPC)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Overall course aim
The aim of this training curriculum is to enable qualified counsellors to acquire the knowledge and competences required to practise as counselling supervisors in line with evidence-based practice.
The course consists of 10 sessions that will be delivered monthly over a 2 day weekend at our training centre in Chelmsford Essex. The course will run over a 6 month period.
The structure and delivery is designed in accordance with the British Association of Psychotherapy counselling supervision training curriculum.
This programme is designed with an integrative framework and welcomes practitioners from all modalities that work with a variety of client groups.
Post qualification diploma in supervision
The course will cover:
- Philosophical and cultural context of supervision
- Theoretical models of supervision
- Adhering to ethical standards
- The supervisory relationship
- Working with groups in supervision
- Developing a personal and creative model of supervision
- Boundaries, safeguarding and sensitivity to diversity
- Professional practice, collaboration with statutory services and working within organisations
- Working with both child and adult focussed practitioners
Supervisory Requirements (Students are responsible for finding their own placements or supervisees)
- Be in formal supervision of your own supervisory practice
- Have a minimum of 2 supervisees that can be seen for the duration of the course that can log a minimum of 40 hours of supervisory practice
- Minimum 10 hours of logged consultative supervision
- Minimum 80% attendance
- Reflective journaling
- Self and peer assessment
- Minimum 2,000-word essay demonstrating the student’s In-depth understanding of the theory and practice of supervision. This essay will need to show the student’s ability to analyse the theory of both supervision and related educational theory.
- Minimum one recording of counselling supervision practice (10 minutes) transcribed with process comments.